After a lot of positive feedback from our last VPI Dealer training we have brought the VPI “Cliffwood Phono Preamplifier” to market. It will be a MM phono and incorporates the same electronics that is built into the VPI Player.
Cliffwood Phono Spec:
• Moving Magnet design based on Player circuitry
• Low-noise op-amp design, regulated linear power supply
• Gain 44db
• Input loading: 47K Ohm -180pF
• Maximum input level: 125mV
• Input sensitivity: 3mV for 500mV output
• Frequency response (50K Ohm load):17Hz (-3dB) to 75KHz (-0.2dB)
• RIAA accuracy (50K Ohm load): +/-0.18dB 100Hz to 75KHz
• Power requirements: 110VAC @ 100mA
• Retail 500 USD 110V (230V availability and price TBA)
The Cliffwood phono is meant to be a compliment to the VPI Cliffwood table giving the customer the chance to purchase both units to easily start their listening experience. We are not looking to go head to head with other companies making electronics. Rather, this is focused on completing the VPI entry level story for a customer to have all the tools they need to listen to their music. The Cliffwood phono will be available in both a black and clear silver finish and retail for 500 USD. The Cliffwood phono will initially be available in the US. International sales for the Cliffwood are TBA but expected sometime early to mid-2018.